It got in the 30's this week!! We turned the A/C on in the car. No joke. And then the next day it snowed big time and our car was grounded for 2 days straight. I have never before seen or shoveled so much snow in my life. We helped our neighbor shovel and she kept trying to pay us but we didn't take it and then she gave us cookies and sneaked the money between two cookies. We of course left her with a mormon.org card with our number on it and people started calling us asking if they could pay us to dig their cars out. Long story short we COULD have made some big bucks this week. But instead we just soften these Lutherans hearts one scoop of snow at a time. I burned my tongue really really REALLY bad this week, you wouldn't believe how many cups of hot chocolate we are fed a day. We usually have to sneak switch mugs so that I can finish Sister Richardson's.
People, Hockey is a religion here. When UMD has a game the town is desolate.
President Clements had to leave for an urgent matter so President Ehlert is stepping in for 3 weeks while they are gone. It feels like when your mom and dad go out of town and you want to do something crazy but then you just end up doing what you always do because you don't know what else to do.
Now on to the BEST part of the week...Sister R got baptized! It was INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! The spirit was super thick.
I know I have made a lot of kitty jokes about her but she really is an amazing lady and she fits right in with the Duluth ward.
I'll give you a recap from the beginning. Sister Rr has been trying to find a church for her entire life. She had given up a few years ago but a few months ago she got out her Christian books out but then put them away because she didn't know which direction to take. She prayed and asked God for someone to help her. Fast forward to December. God sends Szabo and Richardson up to the frozen tundra and we knock on her door the second day in town. God led us RIGHT to her. We planned our day and we were putting the address is the GPS to make a route and we put in a LA's address and it wouldn't show up but we felt like we needed to keep the address in the route. We get there and can't find the LA so we knock and meet Sister R. We teach her about the Restoration and give her a BofM and set up a return appointment and we have been going back ever since. She bore her testimony after she was baptized and I bawled like a baby. She talked about she has always known there was a God but she has now come to know who Jesus Christ is and the role of the Holy Ghost. She said that she felt like home the first time she walked into the church and that she is learning how to be a better her. Then yesterday she got the Holy Ghost. I know that blessing was from Heavenly Father! Things were said in the blessing that touched on things that Sister R had only told me and Sister Richardson. Her blessing said that she is one of Heavenly Fathers choice daughters and that He led her to the truth. The preisthood is amazing. The gospel is amazing and being a missionary is amazing. AHHHH I love life. I love all of you. Read the Book of Mormon people. Please.
No comments:
Post a Comment