Monday, July 22, 2013

Hello! That is sad but good news to hear about Grandpa.  I will miss him! 
This week was good. Sister Beeson is amazing and by far the best companion in the world. We get along way to well! I forgot my camera but I will send pictures next week. We had interviews with President and zone training this week which was good.
I know 100% why I am serving in this area at this time. We are teaching 2 kids who are 10 and 8 years old. I love them! I wish I could teach kids the gospel all day. They soak up everything and are so excited to get baptized. They came to church yesterday!
The Johnson family got baptized in Shingle Creek on Thursday. I have taught them on exchanges and Shingle Creek is Sister Beeson's first area so she had taught them since she has been here. Long story short we were really excited to go but our investigator bailed on us LAST minute so we couldn't go. We were really depressed but then we realized there must be a reason why we weren't supposed to go so we set out to find a miracle. We worked and worked and nothing was happening. We had about 15 more minutes until we had to go home and we prayed to know where to go and then we walked across the street and an old lady was sitting outside in her wheel chair doing a cross word puzzle. She is amazing! We taught her the Restoration and we are going back to see her this week! Me and Sister Beeson started a tender mercy/miracle journal and we already have pages filled. 
We were knocking doors on Saturday and we met a really solid mother and daughter who have been looking for a church. We got really excited and gave them the church address. After we left we were kicking ourselves because we didn't teach them the Restoration or really share anything with them. We knocked a few more doors then were heading out to go to dinner and we ran into the mother and daughter in the hall and we were then able to teach them and talk with them more. We were super pumped about it but unfortunately they didn't come to church. 
Thanks for everything! I love you all! Love, Sister Szabo

No comments:

Post a Comment