Hola! It has felt like months since I last emailed you. Transfers went well. I didn't realize how many people I had grown to love until I had to tell everyone goodbye. It was so hard to say goodbye to Kate, but I'm hoping I will be serving around the cities in a year so that I can go to the temple when she goes for the first time. Medicine Lake is a lot different then St. Cloud. We share the ward with Zone Leaders and a Senior Couple. I miss my old zone leaders but I'm sure I will come to appreciate the new ones as well. My district leader went to Lone Peak. I replaced Sister Owens, who had been serving here for OVER a year. Everyone loves her and are not happy to see her go but the ward is REALLY great. Our church building has a basement. There are a lot of Africans here and I have a very hard time understanding what they are saying. Our teaching pool is slim to none at the moment but we are bound and determined to baptize someone this transfer. Sister K is from California. She is half Hawaiian and half Japanese. She is awesome. She turns 21 on the 27th. She loves food and she doesn't like to exercise or ride bikes. I'm going to gain 50 pounds in this area. We walk around a lake that we live by every morning. She is a talker. She talks from the moment we wake up to the moment we go to bed. I have already learned a lot from her. She loves being a missionary! They aren't kidding about Minnesota being the Land of 10,000 lakes. They're are lakes everywhere. We both feel helpless without our trainers but we are figuring things out. So Sister Owens and Sister K lived in Brother and Sister Wilson's basement, AKA JAMIE'S MISSION PRESIDENT!!!!! They are awesome. We can't live there because they leave at the end of the month for the MTC. They fed us brownies my first night here and the next day we helped them pack their house and we are having dinner with them this week. They are so excited to meet Jamie. We now live with other members. Our room is tiny and I sleep on the top bunk.
We are having a mission conference on the 19th and ELDER HOLLAND is coming. We are so pumped!!! The 2nd councilor in the Bishopric's wife knows Amy Alleman, she ran with her in high school and loves her dad. Her name is Amy Fetters, I forgot to write down her maiden name. Small world. Thank you for the package! Packages are the best thing ever. You guys are the best. I love the shirt and the mints are much needed. I can't believe that it is June and that I'm going to be 22 years old. Wednesday was my 100th day as a missionary. Crazy! Well I love you all! Have a good week. Love, the cooler sister szabo. Peace.
Emma
James, who we were teaching, Brother Ward and Brother Barthel
Zone leaders: Elder Bast and Elder Sanders from Willard
Sister Layne, who we lived with! She just woke up to say good-bye
Old companion
new companion
No comments:
Post a Comment