First off some funnies.
1. We were in Two Harbors (really cute small town along the shore line) and we were riding our bikes and having a pretty rough day and these four boys probably about 9 or 10 years old pass on on their bikes. They all have ice cream buckets full of water balloons hanging from their handlebars and we became their targets. To their defense they asked if they could throw one at me and I said "you can try" and then I pedaled away. My companion wasn't to happy with me but long story short they spent the rest of their day trying to hunt us down with water balloons. It was hilarious! And they were fast little buggars. I officially broke the record of how fast anyone has ever pedaled in a skirt. Only Heavenly Father would know to send 4 little twirps our way to cheer me up.
2. We went to meet with a less active and we were waiting for him and his girlfriend to come outside and these two really big pit bulls were chained up outside. They were really nice but we were trying to get to the front porch to talk to a guy sitting outside and the dogs were all up in my grill. They were jumping up on me and licking my face and one got it's paws under my skirt and the dog and my skirt came up to my face and I was full on flashing the world. I had spandex on so it wasn't like my covenants were showing but I still putting on quite the show for the guy sitting on the porch. It was pretty embarrassing and I'm trying to make a joke out of it because my companion is more embarrassed for me then I am. But get this. The less active comes out and we find out that the guy sitting on the porch is BLIND. I flashed a blind guy. I should have gave him more of a show.
I should have ended with the funnies because this week was pretty depressing. Amanda has depression really bad and she went haywire with her meds and she had a bunch of seizures and she was in ICU all week and her family is 3 hours away and only us and Brother Faerber knew she was in there and it was really scary and traumatizing. She didn't even recognize me the first couple of days and she had wires coming out of everywhere and wires hooked to her head. I was freaking out and her mom didn't know she was in there and we couldn't figure out the passcode to get in her phone and it was really stressful because it was all on us. But things are a lot better now. I've never spent so much time in a hospital. I sat in the ICU and held her hand for hours. She is going home to go to the St. Cloud hospital so that she can be with her family. Which is good but sad to see and scary because when she goes home she hangs out with her old friends and does things she shouldn't. But if you could all just pray for Amanda I would really really appreciate. I love that girl. I've cried a lot this week and said a lot of prayers.
Now on to the Priesthood part. I got a blessing from Brother Faerber and it was perfect. It answered everything thing that I had been praying about and it was just what I needed. Things were said that only I and Heavenly Father knew that I was going through and it was divine. And later in the week Brother Faerber and Brother Newton gave Amanda a blessing and she started coming to and getting so much better after the blessing.
Heavenly Father is real and He loves each one of you PERFECTLY!
The Priesthood is real.
I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world and that it is only through Him that we can live forever and spend eternity with our families.
These things I know to be true!
Hold to the rod people. The iron one.
Oh and I'm staying in Duluth :) And Brittany is going to get baptized!
LOVE YOU!
Love, Sister Szabo
DULUTH! B. Faerber. E.Te'o. E.Weese. E.Garrett. E.Wilcoxson. S.Simpson.
If you are all wondering if I wear the same clothes everyday you would be correct.
Duluth is upgrading in the world and has policeman on horses.
It's quite the sight to see.
Effective? Debatable.
Out of the ICU!!
No comments:
Post a Comment