I also LOVE the temple. Satan did not want our district to go to the temple. Everyone had rides lined up and everything fell apart the night before. Our ride got pink eye and all of the Elders rides bailed. Between us and the Elders I think we called everyone in the ward and Sister Hansen saved the day and was able to drive us last minute.
There was a funeral on Saturday for a man in our ward. I don't think there have ever been so many non members in the Anoka church building. We helped set up and then helped with the luncheon. Everyone was making fun of me because I had never been to a funeral that they didn't have ham and funeral potatoes. People here are really big into Taco Salad! My skills from helping Susan with receptions sure came in handy!
There was also the Ward Halloween Party on Saturday which was really great. We have been committing everyone we eat dinner with to invite their friends to the party and we had a pretty good turn out of non members.
The funniest moment of the week during a lesson. We were teaching Sister M the law of chastity and in Sister Hulets training she is supposed to lead out in teaching commandments so we had practiced and had a good lesson plan. I look over at her to start and there is pure fear in her eyes. It took everything in me not to laugh.
We are going on exchanges this week and I get to go to Shingle Creek. I am so excited to go teach me some Africans!
We had a mission goal to get 250 investigators to church and we have been falling just a little short every week and we finally hit it this week! Sister M and Sister J came to church! We used all of our miles to drive to have Sister J follow us to church but it was worth it! Yay for riding bikes in the rain.
Sister M is going to get baptized on Nov 9 if she gets her answer by then that the Book of Mormon is true! Yeah Buddy!
The church is so true and the gospel is incredible! Happy Halloween!

No comments:
Post a Comment